|Reason for return||Needs to be reported within:||Do I need to pay for the collection?|
|Received physically damaged||7 days of receipt||No|
|Incorrect item||7 days of receipt||No|
|Faulty (Electronics)||Item’s warranty||No|
|Substandard quality||21 days of receipt||Case by case basis|
Kindly note the following:
- The actual product needs to be received at RVH Enterprises in mint condition
- The item needs to be received by RVH Enterprises within 3 weeks (21 calendar days)
- If the product’s outer packaging is unsealed, we may charge you a 15% handling fee
- Please include your order number or dispatch note inside the returned parcel
- All items need to be returned unopened/sealed
Please ensure that you package the item securely to protect it against getting damaged in transit (on its way back to RVH Enterprises). RVH Enterprises cannot accept responsibility for damage occurring before it is delivered to RVH Enterprises Offices, or collected by us at the post office, even if this damage was caused by a third party. We would strongly advise against using only a bubble-envelope – rather use a combination of bubble-wrap, cardboard, layers of paper, etc. At the time we receive the return we shall automatically credit the amount to your RVH Enterprises customer account and will send you an email to let you know we’ve processed your return.
- Most items purchased at RVH Enterprises can be returned to us for a full refund
- Please note that we do have Non-returnable products
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are unsure if an item is returnable
RVH Enterprises returns department may tell you that they do not believe you have a claim, for example, because the warranty period of the goods has expired. In this case, we may refuse to replace goods, or refuse to pay a refund.
In addition to our returns policy, the following statutory return situation may apply to you:
Section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act may apply to your order.
Section 44 is only applicable if you are a natural person – in other words, a human being. You must also be the end-user of the goods or services. If you qualify as a consumer under the ECT Act, you may be entitled to cancel some electronic transactions within seven days, without reason or penalty. You must return any goods in new condition with all packaging and materials. We will refund the purchase price of the goods (minus the direct costs of returning the goods) within 30 days of the date of return request. The original delivery charge will not be refunded and the cost for returning the parcel is at your expense. Please include your order or invoice number in the box of the return so that your refund can be processed.
The following goods cannot be returned in terms of the ECT Act:
Unsealed, software, or other audio or video recordings. This may not apply to unboxed deals.
Section 56 of the Consumer Protection Act may also apply to your order.
Section 56 will only apply if you are a natural person – in other words, a human being, or a juristic person (like a company, trust, or closed corporation) with an annual turnover of less than R2 million. If you qualify as a consumer in terms of the CPA then all of our goods sold to you are sold with an implied warranty of quality against any defects for six months of normal householder business use, from the time we supplied the goods. Defective goods are those that had a defect or were unsafe when we supplied them. A defect usually means that the goods were manufactured using materials, components, or workmanship below an acceptable standard. You must prove that goods are defective.
We will replace, repair, or refund the price of any defective goods that you return to us during the six-month statutory warranty. For unboxed items, we cannot replace or repair, we can only refund. Deliver the defective physical goods under warranty to us or post them by normal prepaid registered post, insured against loss, damage, and theft. The street and postal addresses for all returns are the same as for our customer services department, details of which are below.
901 THEOPHILUS AVENUE
Once we have received the package, we will notify you that we have received the physical goods. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that the package is delivered to RVH Enterprises within the returns window provided and at the correct address. If you claim that our goods are defective, our technicians will examine the goods for defects. In the case of physical goods, our technicians will examine the actual goods. They will report to us whether the goods were defective, were misused, or are of good quality. If our technician reports that the goods were misused, were of good quality, were not provided to you for a specific purpose, or were suitable for that purpose, then we will not replace or refund the goods. If you choose for us to replace or repair the goods, we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to organize the necessary steps to repair or replace the goods. This may not apply to unboxed deals. If you choose for us to make a refund, we will contact you and arrange payment of the refunded amount into a bank account of your choice within 30 days of cancellation. If we do not accept that we supplied defective or unsuitable goods, and our returns department has not been able to help, any customer may still take the matter up with the consumer goods and services ombuds http://www.cgso.org.za/ or other dispute resolution body, or take legal action. The dispute resolution procedures under the CPA do not necessarily apply to all transactions with us. This policy does not exclude any other rights customers may have.
We aim for complete customer satisfaction. We respect our customers’ rights and always try to comply with best practices and all relevant laws. If you are not satisfied with any of our goods or have any questions, please contact our customer services department and have your invoice number ready. We will try our best to solve your problem.
We will either replace the item or refund you for any item that you receive that does not match the description advertised on the website. We will usually need you to return the item to us at no additional cost to yourself. This may not apply to unboxed deals.
Please log a return within 7 days, where the item is not what you ordered.
Warranty support – Computers and Electronics.
This may not apply to unboxed deals. All COMPUTERS and ELECTRONICS products sold at RVH Enterprises (excluding Gaming Consoles) carry their full manufacturer’s warranty as stipulated by the official South African distributor unless otherwise specified. Such warranty is usually, but not limited to, 12 months and if not stipulated on the RVH Enterprises website can be requested by contacting email@example.com Items under warranty are sent to the relevant supplier or official service center for repair or replacement. Such Manufacturer Guarantee is restricted to the costs of repair or replacement of faulty goods or refund of the purchase price at the sole discretion of RVH Enterprises and its suppliers after investigation and/or testing of goods. All Hardware Manufacturer Guarantees are immediately null and void if the equipment has been tampered with, physical/user damage has been located, warranty stickers have been removed, seals on equipment have been broken by anyone other than the manufacturer’s representative, or if the goods have been operated outside the manufacturer’s specifications.
How it’s done
The below procedure is related to unwanted/incorrect /damaged on arrival and sub-standard items.
- Return logged.
- Allow for additional time, if incorrect information on the website.
- Collection booked.
- Received at the office, inspected.
- Refund processed to the customer account (unless otherwise specified).
- If the item is not returned in mint condition / without the item’s original packaging the refund will not be processed. (this does not apply to damaged on arrival).
- This procedure usually takes 3-7 working days to conclude. Kindly allow for longer waiting times during peak season.
- Return logged (24 – 48 hours)
- The collection is booked for the return of the faulty item. (1 – 3 working days, unless the item is returned to RVH Enterprises offices.)
- The unit arrives at RVH Enterprises and is put into a queue awaiting damage assessment. (1 – 2 working days. 3 – 5 during peak season)
- Damage assessment of the returned unit before it is sent to the supplier’s / service center.
- Unit is sent away for assessment (24 – 48-hour delivery)
- Suppliers / Service center will advise that the unit was either replaced, repaired or no fault was found. (14 workings for assessment conclusion.)
- The unit is returned to RVH Enterprises offices and is sent to dispatch to be returned to the customer, pending the result of the assessment.